The competitor battlecard is the most commonly used competitive sales tool for internal sales personnel and external channel partners. It’s essentially a custom, two-page “cheat sheet” that educates your sales personnel about how to defeat your closest competitors.
CyberEdge customizes competitor battlecard templates for each customer based on preferences on style and content. Customers review a selection of existing battlecard templates and chooses sections they feel are most relevant, including:
- Silver bullets (three advantages you want sales people to memorize)
- Vendor approaches
- Solution components
- Key capabilities comparison
- Our advantages
- Competitor advantages (with proposed responses)
- Competitor FUD (with proposed responses)
- Competitor land mines
Outsourcing customer win-loss interviews to a reputable vendor include:
- Customers are more likely to participate, as there’s no fear of a hidden sales call.
- Loss customers are more likely to speak to a third-party market research agency than the vendor they rejected, as they may fear the rejected vendor might try to change their minds.
- Loss customers are more likely to be “brutally honest” about the vendor they rejected when speaking with an independent third party.
- Working with an experienced competitive analysis vendor may uncover more insights, as they may pose questions you never thought to ask.
There are many vendors out there who offer customer win-loss interviews. What makes CyberEdge different? We’re glad you asked.
Laser Focused on IT
Unlike our competitors who may serve airlines, banks, and restaurant chains, CyberEdge is 100% dedicated to serving software, hardware, and IT services vendors. Our consultants average 15-20 years of IT industry experience with subject matter expertise across virtually all IT industry segments, including security, networking, cloud, IT service management (ITSM), storage, virtualization, and more.
Strong Technical Foundations
Our competitive analysis consultants have technical backgrounds as IT practitioners and/or as consultants serving IT vendors for a couple of decades. Unlike many our competitors, our consultants have the technical chops to understand the questions that they’re asking and go off script based on the customer’s response to a given question. You’ll gain far deeper insights by working with CyberEdge than any other vendor.
Full Portfolio of Competitive Analysis Services
Most of our competitors offer one or two of the services that we offer. We offer a portfolio of six competitive analysis services, not to mention dozens of other marketing, research, and publishing services. CyberEdge is your one-stop shop for all of your competitive analysis needs.
Related CyberEdge Services
Need help with other competitive analysis initiatives? Click on any of these related CyberEdge services to learn more:
- Competitive Intelligence
- Competitor Battlecards
- Competitive White Papers
- Competitor Vulnerability Studies
- CRM Win-Loss Optimization