Customer Win-Loss Interviews
Conducting telephone interviews with customers who chose your solution over competing offerings and vice versa yields incredible insights. Unfortunately, most high-tech vendors don’t bother doing them, and those that do don’t always do them well.
There are so many benefits to conducting both customer win and loss calls, including:
- Identify missing product features that impact revenue most negatively
- Uncover potential problems during the selling process
- Learn why these customers rejected your offering and comparable offerings of your competitors
- Learn what’s most important to your customers to validate, or prompt you to alter, your product messaging
- • Educate your sales force about which value propositions resonate the most
Outsourcing customer win-loss interviews to a reputable vendor include:
- Customers are more likely to participate, as there’s no fear of a hidden sales call.
- Loss customers are more likely to speak to a third-party market research agency than the vendor they rejected, as they may fear the rejected vendor might try to change their minds.
- Loss customers are more likely to be “brutally honest” about the vendor they rejected when speaking with an independent third party.
- Working with an experienced competitive analysis vendor may uncover more insights, as they may pose questions you never thought to ask.
There are many vendors out there who offer customer win-loss interviews. What makes CyberEdge different? We’re glad you asked.
Laser Focused on IT
Unlike our competitors who may serve airlines, banks, and restaurant chains, CyberEdge is 100% dedicated to serving software, hardware, and IT services vendors. Our consultants average 15-20 years of IT industry experience with subject matter expertise across virtually all IT industry segments, including security, networking, cloud, IT service management (ITSM), storage, virtualization, and more.
Strong Technical Foundations
Our competitive analysis consultants have technical backgrounds as IT practitioners and/or as consultants serving IT vendors for a couple of decades. Unlike many our competitors, our consultants have the technical chops to understand the questions that they’re asking and go off script based on the customer’s response to a given question. You’ll gain far deeper insights by working with CyberEdge than any other vendor.
Full Portfolio of Competitive Analysis Services
Most of our competitors offer one or two of the services that we offer. We offer a portfolio of six competitive analysis services, not to mention dozens of other marketing, research, and publishing services. CyberEdge is your one-stop shop for all of your competitive analysis needs.
Related CyberEdge Services
Need help with other competitive analysis initiatives? Click on any of these related CyberEdge services to learn more:
- Competitive Intelligence
- Competitor Battlecards
- Competitive White Papers
- Competitor Vulnerability Studies
- CRM Win-Loss Optimization