Interim VP of Marketing / Chief Marketing Officer
Former CMOs and/or VPs of Marketing with successful software, hardware, and IT services companies available for 20-, 30-, and 40-hours per week retainers.
Several of CyberEdge’s veteran consultants were former CMOs and/or VPs of Marketing with successful software, hardware, and IT services companies. Our marketing contractors are available to you to serve as your Interim CMO for 20, 30, or 40 hours per week. There are many reasons why CyberEdge has placed Interim CMO consultants with our clients. Here are a few of them:
- Early stage technology vendor who wants to establish a new marketing function, but is not ready to commit to a full-time head of marketing
- Early stage technology vendor who is finally ready to hire their first head of marketing, but they want to take their time finding the ideal permanent candidate
- Mid-size technology vendor who is in the process of replacing a recently departed head of marketing, but they want to take their time finding the ideal permanent candidate
Your CyberEdge Interim CMO can assist with all of your strategic marketing needs, including:
- Develop a marketing plan and budget
- Develop a go-to-market plan for a new product or service
- Create a messaging framework
- Create a company branding and style guide
- Oversee creation and/or updating of your company website
- Launch new and/or grow existing marketing functions, including product marketing, product management, digital marketing, public relations, analyst relations, business development, alliance marketing, events marketing, channel marketing, and marketing operations
Deep in Experience
CyberEdge’s CMO consultants average 15-20 years of tech industry marketing experience. We don’t even interview candidates with less than 10 years of experience. When you work with a veteran CMO consultant, they’re able to hit the ground running with minimal ramp-up time. And reviewing content they create is so much easier due to their built-in industry subject matter expertise.
Flexible Contract Terms
Our CMO consultants are available for 20-, 30-, and 40-hour/week retainers for a minimum of three months. If you need your consultant to temporarily burst their hours during the term, they can do so without you having to sign an SOW amendment. And your retainer agreement will be structured so your retainer auto-renews on a month-to-month basis in perpetuity until you provide 30 days email notice. The average CyberEdge 3-month minimum retainer goes for approximately 9-12 months!
If you decide you want to hire your CMO consultant, and they agree to be hired, CyberEdge builds in a nominal recruiting fee into the contract. This way you and your consultant can do a two-way try-and-buy, so you both know what you’re getting when moving forward with permanent employment.
Nothing to Sign Until You’ve Selected Your Consultant
There is absolutely no risk to consider a CyberEdge CMO consultant for a retainer. Just give us a list of tasks that you want your consultant to tackle and tell us your preference for weekly hours (20, 30, or 40), and we’ll furnish you with one or two resumes within two business days. If you like a resume, we’ll introduce you to the consultant so you can interview him or her one-on-one. Then if you and your chosen consultant would like to move forward, then we give you a contract to review – not before.
Need help with other marketing functions? The Interim CMO retainer is not the only type of staff augmentation retainer CyberEdge has to offer. Click on any of these related CyberEdge services to learn more: