Interim Product Marketing Manager
Need a little help on the product marketing front? If so, you’re not alone. Dozens of CyberEdge clients have worked with our highly experienced product marketing manager (PMM) consultants through 20-, 30-, and 40-hour/week retainers. But why? Here are just a few of the reasons:
- Your PMM just left with a lot on his or her plate. Don’t panic! Your CyberEdge consultant can step so you don’t miss a beat while you’re working to backfill your PMM with a new permanent employee.
- You’re struggling to hire the ideal PMM candidate. Don’t settle for less. Take your time to find that ideal candidate. Our PMM consultant will keep the train moving until then.
- You need another PMM but can’t get the headcount. We’ve all been there. If you’ve got a ton on your plate but can’t get headcount approved for another PMM, let CyberEdge help give you a piece of your life back.
- You need to temporarily burst due to a product launch. There’s no need for you and your team to work 60-80 hours/week in the months leading up to a product launch. A CyberEdge PMM can help lighten your load.
- Your PMM is heading out on maternity or paternity leave. Wonderful for your colleague. Perhaps not so great for you. Let a seasoned CyberEdge PMM step in for a few months. And don’t forget to send a baby gift!
When you work with a CyberEdge PMM consultant on retainer, you can re-prioritize their work tasks at a moment’s notice. And they can assist with all of your product marketing needs, including:
- Product messaging
- Content planning
- Content creation
- Product launch planning
- Webinar planning / presenting
- Managing programs
- Sales / channel enablement
- Competitive analysis
- Trade show support
- Market research
Deep in Experience
CyberEdge’s PMM consultants average 15-20 years of tech industry marketing experience. We don’t even interview candidates with less than 10 years of experience. When you work with a veteran PMM consultant, they’re able to hit the ground running with minimal ramp-up time. And reviewing content they create is so much easier due to their built-in industry subject matter expertise.
Flexible Contract Terms
Our PMM consultants are available for 20-, 30-, and 40-hour/week retainers for a minimum of three months. If you need your consultant to temporarily burst their hours during the term, they can do so without you having to sign an SOW amendment. And your retainer agreement will be structured so your retainer auto-renews on a month-to-month basis in perpetuity until you provide 30 days email notice. The average CyberEdge 3-month minimum retainer goes for approximately 9-12 months!
If you decide you want to hire your PMM consultant, and they agree to be hired, CyberEdge builds in a nominal recruiting fee into the contract. This way you and your consultant can do a two-way try-and-buy, so you both know what you’re getting when moving forward with permanent employment.
Nothing to Sign Until You’ve Selected Your Consultant
There is absolutely no risk to consider a CyberEdge PMM consultant for a retainer. Just give us a list of tasks that you want your consultant to tackle and tell us your preference for weekly hours (20, 30, or 40), and we’ll furnish you with one or two resumes within two business days. If you like a resume, we’ll introduce you to the consultant so you can interview him or her one-on-one. Then if you and your chosen consultant would like to move forward, then we give you a contract to review – not before.
Related CyberEdge Services
Need help with other marketing functions? Product marketing is not the only type of staff augmentation retainer CyberEdge has to offer. Click on any of these related CyberEdge services to learn more: