The Power of a Supplemental Slides Presentation
Throughout the year, you and your colleagues create "cool" PowerPoint slides for use in webinars, road shows, and internal training sessions. Your sales reps will ultimately see them and may wish to add some of them to their standard presentations. But when they do, they'll often reach out to you with a request to send them "that" slide.
A strategy that I implemented years ago was to create a stand-alone "supplemental slides" PowerPoint presentation. Anytime I, or one of my colleagues, created a slide that I felt could be useful to my sales force, I appended it to the supplemental slides presentation. Such slides may include:
- Customer case study slides
- Competitive slides
- Gartner, Forrester, or other analyst content
- Slides depicting major industry events (e.g., data breaches)
- Slides depicting customer promotions
- Advanced technical slides
- Industry/government regulation slides (e.g., PCI, HIPAA)
After a while, your supplemental slides presentation will exceed 100 slides. That's okay. What's important is that this presentation -- hopefully accessible via an internal content portal -- is the one place your sales reps will remember to go to download the latest and greatest "cool" PowerPoint slides.