2019 CYBERTHREAT DEFENSE REPORT
About This Report
Register now to download CyberEdge’s sixth-annual Cyberthreat Defense Report – a comprehensive review of the perceptions of 1,200 IT security professionals representing 17 countries and 19 industries. Key insights from this year’s report include:
- 78% of networks were breached last year
- 84% of IT security budgets are rising
- 13% of a typical enterprise IT budget is spent on security
- 81% agree that ML/AI technology helps defeat advanced threats
- Malware, ransomware, and spear-phishing cause the most headaches
- Nearly half of ransomware victims succumb to paying ransoms
- ‘Application containers’ and ‘mobile devices’ are this year’s weakest links
- ‘Too much data to analyze’ is the greatest inhibitor to IT security’s success
- ‘Security analytics’ is the most-wanted security technology for 2019
- 1,200 security professionals
- 500+ employees
- 17 countries
- 19 industries
- Health Care
By downloading any of the following marketing kit resources, you consent to abiding by the terms of CyberEdge’s acceptable use policy, as depicted in the next tab.
Sample report cover graphic
Sample report figure
Acceptable Use Policy
CyberEdge Group, LLC (“CyberEdge”) encourages third-party organizations to incorporate textual and graphical elements of the Cyberthreat Defense Report into presentations, reports, website content, product collateral, and other marketing communications without seeking explicit written permission from CyberEdge, provided such organizations adhere to this acceptable use policy. The following rules apply to referencing textual and/or graphical elements of this report:
Report distribution. Only CyberEdge and its authorized research sponsors are permitted to distribute this report for commercial purposes. This restriction does preclude reproduction of the report for internal uses, such as a training.
Source citations. When citing a textual and/or graphical element from this report, you must incorporate the following statement into a corresponding footnote or other citation: “Source: 2017 Cyberthreat Defense Report, CyberEdge Group, LLC.”
Quotes and excerpts. Quotes and excerpts extracted from this report must not be modified in any way. Rephrasing is not permitted.
Figures and tables. Figures and tables extracted from this report must not be modified in any way. Artwork for figures and tables for the most recent Cyberthreat Defense Report can be found within the Marketing Kit tab on this web page.
No implied endorsements. CyberEdge does not endorse technology vendors. Cited CyberEdge content should never be used to imply favor from CyberEdge.
If you have questions about this policy or would like to incorporate content from this report in a manner not addressed by this policy, submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.